It all started IN 1961...
The Marianist Brothers joined with the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur to open a new school on Bridge Street. This new school combined female students from Our Lady of Victory Catholic School with male students from Laneri High School.
Initially, the new school bore the Our Lady of Victory name and accreditation and included girls from grades 9 through 12 with freshman boys from Laneri. In its second year, Laneri upperclassmen joined. In 1964, its third year, OLV took a new name: Nolan High School, in honor of Monsignor Robert M. Nolan.
Monsignor Robert M. Nolan
Monsignor Robert M. Nolan came to Fort Worth in 1907 to serve as pastor of St. Patrick Cathedral. Msgr. Nolan took an active interest in education and mission work. He was one of the leaders of Catholic Charities in Fort Worth.